The Security Officer guards and patrols office grounds and property to protect against damages, theft, or harm caused by internal and external persons. They will purposefully patrol the premises to ensure building security. Maintain vigilance in their observation at access points to guard against larceny by employees, visitors and contractors. Verify validity of identifications/access passes of persons prior to allowing entry to the facility. Use computer systems to prepare access passes, oversee electronic surveillance, manage company records, detect and record breaches. Assist with investigation of suspected cases of fraud, theft, injury and other safety & security related breaches. Assist with the enforcement of safety and security policies and procedures. Duties are performed unarmed.
Your role will involve:
- Monitoring, authorizing and controlling entry and exit of employees, visitors, contractors and other persons to premises so as to protect life and property
- Preventing unauthorized access to restricted areas
- Patrolling grounds and office floor
- Answering routine inquiries and directing visitors to appropriate areas
- Ensuring that all visitors and staff have vacated building at closing and performing security checks of all doors
- Enforcing correction of infractions through verbal warning, expelling unruly persons and detaining more serious offenders for hand over to the proper authorities
- Contacting emergency personnel in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, decreasing turnaround times, streamlining work processes and working cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Providing supervision of contracted security personnel and report breaches as needed.
- Coordinating emergency procedures including evacuation and responding to employees in need of minor medical attention.
- Accurately maintaining all records; safety and security related files and conducting routine audits of same.
- Liaising with and maintaining good relationships with security forces in the interest of the organization.
In return you will bring:
- Minimum 5 CXC subjects including Mathematics & English
- PSRA license is preferred
- Minimum 3 years previous private security, military or law enforcement experience preferred.
- First Aid and/or CPR certification preferred.
- Self-disciplined, impeccable integrity and character
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet any necessary physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work in high stress environment and handle emergency situations.