Location: Windsor, Ontario
You are responsible for fulfilling the role of Quality expert; this is a hands on position. Our Quality engineers ensure the products meet all customer and product expectations and take action when issues are found. You are pivotal to the quality process and have expertise in a range of different manufacturing technologies, computer, and quality control systems.
Your role will involve:
- Implementing global/local quality policies and procedures including the development of quality systems.
- Creating and maintaining quality standards for all new and existing products.
- Acting as lead for quality in new product/substrate launches.
- Regularly reviewing these standards against customer feedback and inspector findings, making changes/improvements as necessary
- Creating Process Flow, Control Plans, PFMEA and Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinating quality inspectors to perform daily inspection of products and packages, ensuring data is correct and accurate and that the required quantity and diversity of products/packages are inspected each week
- Creating and updating pareto charts ranking major quality issues and work with management on prioritizing and planning improvement activities and resources required to address these issues
- Structured Root-Cause Problem Solving (RCPS) techniques and apply them regularly in a highly structured way, documenting the results and following up on execution and effectiveness
- Devising sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Directing team members engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability
- Training others on problem solving techniques through small-group problem solving activities
- Be actively and productively involved in cross-functional Vistaprint teams as a representative of Manufacturing and Quality functions
- Leading and participating in 6 Sigma activities focused on addressing major technical quality problems
In return you will bring:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Quality role within a Lean Manufacturing environment
- ASQ CQE preferred
- Must have clearly demonstrated problem solving skills as well as good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques (MiniTab), ergonomics and process flow
- Experience with QA Management Systems
- The individual will be hands-on, assertive and motivated to ensure the company meets its aggressive goals
- Have a passion for excellence in people, processes and analytics
- Self-motivated, high energy level individual
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status. Vistaprint welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.