Cimpress Technology, an organization of Cimpress (corporate entity of the well-known vistaprint.com), is responsible for developing the Mass Customization Platform. Creating microservices in the cloud to serve the masses comes with numerous challenges. To develop and drive their cutting-edge platform, Cimpress Technology continues to grow their talented teams of engineers in a variety of spaces including monitoring, alerting, trending, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and workflow!
Software Engineer II
As a Software Engineer II within the UnOps team, you will join a group of talented engineers working to implement and deliver solutions related to the continuous integration/deployment, uptime, availability, and trending of services. Utilizing demonstrated system and service design experience, the ideal candidate will have functional knowledge of what it takes to model and implement an operational system. The candidate will provide and implement a mix of vendor-provided and open-sourced solutions that other internal teams will leverage to gain maturity in their operational space.
Automation and best practices are at the core of the teams at Cimpress. To support this culture, you will be expected to research existing technologies, determine best of breed services, define best practices, and consult with other internal teams to help them mature their service pipelines and achieve their goals.
What you can expect your day-to-day activities to consist of:
- Work directly with development teams to help them identify and instrument recommended solutions that will improve their throughput
- Teach teams how to use various services and mature their implementations
- Devise solutions and contribute to platforms that allow teams to self-serve and troubleshoot various services
- Integrate with third-party APIs for SaaS and other services
- Develop infrastructure as code solutions for existing technologies
- Devise and support improvements to existing services and pipelines
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Experience with source code management, ticketing systems, continuous integration, continuous deployment, logging, monitoring, alerting, and trending services
- Demonstrated experience supporting software products in a production environment
- Ability to work independently and deliver within established timelines
- Willingness and ability to adapt/learn new technology and best practices
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to interpret vendor documentation and translate it into actionable tasks to support the operations of microservices
- More than a passing familiarity with a wide variety of Amazon Web Services