Lead Business Intelligence Engineer (expert)
We’re looking for an expert BI Engineer who can help us design and build Vistaprint’s next generation data warehouse, data pipeline, and model driven capabilities. Vistaprint is an online based printing company that delights millions of small businesses and families world-wide with customized print-jobs at an unbeatable price!
About our team…
We’re an engineering team of 25 people who makes this a reality daily as we learn from internal business experts and customers to build the right solutions, the right way, continuously in cross-functional teams. We speak many languages like SQL, C#, Java, Python, and also English, Spanish, French, Arabic and Japanese to name a few, but what’s most important is technical excellence agnostic of language. We love Agile principles and XP and bring these values to how we work. We’re passionate about teams having the ability to choose what they work on and who they work with.
Happy people + great environment = great products!
What would you be doing?
Vistaprint’s Data team manages the data import and transformation processes for everything relevant for our business operations, customer identity, test and learning domains and others. You will work with us to capture and sanitize terabytes of data from our ecommerce site and 3rd parties to create a 360-degree view of our daily business and the customers we serve. This involves writing services, and ETLs, creating data schemas and dimensions, and exploring data to understand what’s relevant. Your solutions will live on internal servers and in the cloud, all under your control. We use this data to create models and drive automated experiences at web scale, answer test hypotheses, and generate reports that are the heartbeat of a $1.5 billion a year business.
In return you will bring…
- Engineer, Bachelor or master degree in Business Intelligence, Computer Science or related technical/quantitative field
- 5-10 years of professional work experience in a BI focused role with a significant exposure to several complex data warehousing projects
- Perfect mastering of SQL language (especially T-SQL) and being expert in the BI field is mandatory (data warehousing, OLAP & Cubes, ETL & data manipulation, etc.)
- A perfect master knowledge of SQL Server including security and DB management is mandatory (MSCE BI certification is a big plus)
- Understating of Cloud technologies and Big Data frameworks and tools is highly appreciated (e.g. AWS, MS Azure, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, ELK…)
- Some knowledge in best practices, automation, monitoring and DevOps (e.g. Bash, Scripting languages, JIRA, Git, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, HashiCorp tools…) is a plus
- Perfectly autonomous and quick & self-learner
- Passionate about data
- Good skills in people management and colleagues mentoring
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while having a well-organized working method
- Have done agile development or excited to learn
- A professional attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills at different levels
- Good level in English written and spoken
What’s in it for you?
In addition to joining an amazingly talented international team we have great benefits package including…
- Competitive salary, lunch benefit + healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- A smartphone bundle including communication and 24/7 internet connection
- Trainings, conferences, meetups, free tech library, online training subscription, newest books
- MSDN personal subscription
- Personal AWS lab for your own skill development
- Access to various tools any data/analytics fan would dream of
- 24/7 onsite gym
- Games room (ping-pong, baby foot, PlayStation 4, Xbox…)
- Free drinks and frequent Team Buildings and Team lunches/dinners
- Onsite catering and cafeteria
- Awesome quiet room
- Travelling as part of a big team/family around several locations
- Language courses
- Very advantageous complementary pension plan
- Excellent career management (including potential equity long term plan)
- Excellent working atmosphere within one of the best employers in Tunisia
- And more!
So if you are up for challenge in a fast-paced, energetic, and constantly changing environment apply now (please submit your updatedCV in English)!
We produce millions of affordable, highly customized, personalized physical products for small businesses and consumers. We're boldly going where no one has gone before here at Cimpress: the scale, complexity and sheer scope of what we do requires us to innovate and solve problems that haven't been solved before. With over $1.78BB in revenue and 40 offices and manufacturing facilities across the globe creating more than 46 million uniquely designed items annually that serve over 17 million customers worldwide, we're a unique combination of stability, strength, growth and innovation. We're also a place where ideas matter, whether they come from our newest or most senior team members. There's also a lot of fun that goes with doing things no one has ever done before and you can feel it.