Are you ready to apply what you’ve learned at university to the workplace?
Vistaprint is looking for a French native speaking translation intern to join our in-house Localization team in Barcelona. You will support the French Localization Specialist in a broad variety of localization tasks, such as translation, transcreation, proofreading, QA and translation project management. In return you’ll receive on the job training, translation feedback and assessment and a real insight what it’s like to be working in the fast pace environment of one of the world’s leading e-commerce companies.
The ideal candidate will be quick to turn theory into practice, has a passion for translation, is outgoing, meticulous and able to perform under pressure. This is a full-time paid internship (40h per week) – starting date asap.
Your internship will involve:
Work as part of a multi-cultural team ensuring localization tasks are completed to the highest quality level
• Localize content for the French website from English to French (product descriptions, surveys, images, etc.), as well as online and offline advertising copy using MemoQ and proprietary tools
• Use “transcreation” to adapt marketing copy creatively to the French market and culture
• Assist with day-to-day translation project management
• Perform quality control of the French website and advertising materials
• Support other team members in pan-European localization initiatives
In return, you will bring:
Must be native French and fluent in English (both written and verbal)
• A Bachelors or Master’s degree (or currently enrolled) in Translation/Localization
• A sound understanding of French and American culture
• Microsoft Office skills and experience in using at least one CAT tool, preferably MemoQ
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a positive “can do” attitude
• Well-organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
Do you want to get valuable work experience in a dynamic environment and discover sunny Barcelona? If so, apply now with your up to date cv (English version)!