As a Production Designer within Vistaprint’s Product Design Production Team, you will produce high performing designs based on existing designs for Vistaprint’s print, web and garment product lines.
Partnering with an Art Director, you will execute production design efficiently that exceeds expectations while ensuring the original intent of concept is translated effectively across all of Vistaprint’s products.
The ideal candidate will have had a background in print production, be willing to adapt to new technologies and possess the ability to turn feedback from multiple stakeholders into effective designs. You must have relevant creative design and production experience, and demonstrate significant responsibility and efficiency.
Your role will involve:
- Executing design updates, expansions and revisions based on existing designs
- Ability to apply their creative flair in elevating designs while staying within the original concept.
- Attention to detail in applying product guidelines and best practices.
- Adapting new technology and design trends
- Responsible for the application of all processes within function (Creative reviews, Quality etc.)
- Turning art direction and feedback into positive learning experiences
- Taking constructive feedback and turns it in to positive customer experience.
- Providing assistance and support to Graphic Designers and Art Directors.
- Maintaining a balance of quality and efficiency of individual deliverables
- Communicating effectively with the local and international teams
- Becoming an expert in our high-volume processes
In return, you will bring:
- BA/BS degree in Design or related field.
- Offset/four color process printing experience an asset
- Functional understanding of English – written and spoken
- Good artistic capacity and strong visual, verbal, written communication skills
- Portfolio that demonstrates understanding of typography, layout and the ability to keep the integrity of an original design concept
- Proficient in Adobe CC; Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design, and other design industry standard tools
- Deadline-oriented, flexible, organized and able to handle competing priorities
- A working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Ability and desire to learn additional technologies and applications
- Strong collaboration skills in order to work effectively with a team of designers, project managers, engineers and marketing associates