As a member of the Support team of Vistaprint Infrastructure and Productivity Services (VIPS Support), you will be supporting developers and technical staff across Vistaprint while they are using Software Development Infrastructure.
You will interact with users, troubleshoot and fix any issues encountered, partner with other teams and stakeholders in order to make sure the infrastructure is always in a healthy status
- Provide excellent customer service
- Prioritize across many requests for assistance
- Participate in and contribute to the implementation of industry best practices for tools under VIPS team ownership
- Support a wide variety of tools belonging of the VBU Software Development infrastructure: Software Build system, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Source Control, …
- Continually monitor several environments and take appropriate actions to keep a healthy infrastructure
- Follow-up on build breakages and make sure they’re fixed
- Troubleshoot encountered issues, conduct in-depth analysis, root cause analysis
- Capitalize on acquired knowledge, document it and share it with the team members
- Create proposals for tools & process improvements based on the support experience
- Strongly contribute to the feedback loop between the VIPS team and other teams using the Software Development infrastructure
- Display Domain Expertise – Technology, People and Process
- The ability to prioritize work, work well independently and work well with others in a team environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Engineering Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Equivalent
- Experience in Software troubleshooting and Support Engineering
- Problem solving and ability to prioritize
- Experience in Scripting (Power Shell, Ruby, Shell, …)
- Knowledge of Source Control (Git, Subversion) and Continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of SQL querying
- Familiarity with System administration under Windows and Linux
- Prior experience in Software Development, Software Quality Assurance is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of Cloud Engineering (AWS or other) is a plus, but not required
- Experience with automation/configuration management.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations.
- Familiarity with Agile values and principles
- 3 to 5 years of system Engineering, Technical Support, or similar
- High English level
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong understanding of Server and Desktop operating systems ( Window, Linux)
- Ability to document procedures
- Ability to react quickly in an ever-changing environment.
- Devops Culture