The HR Coordinator is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations associated with HR processes, administration and the execution of HR programs. The HR Operations coordinator will also be responsible for providing first level HR services to employees and act as specialist for local HR processes related questions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate new hire onboarding activities and related documents administration (offer letter, contracts, etc.).
- Managing benefits plans enrollment, act as a point of contact for resolution of insurance claims and escalate issues related to employee’s medical insurance.
- Follow-up with employees on incomplete applications and/or missing documents.
- Coordinate transfer of employee’s medical applications to third party administrators.
- Organize and schedule the yearly employee’s medical checks.
- Monitor the absence management process and update the HR system with all details related to justified/unjustified sickness, short-term and long-term absence
- Ensure absence records are accurate and up to date and make regular contact with long-term absent employees.
- Manage accuracy of employee data in all relevant systems, iCIMS, SAP, myHR, Matrix (Workforce Planning).
- Administer the HR and employee’s medical files.
- Manage HR queries through a centralized Request Management System (myHR)
- Direct employees to our Knowledge Management System
- Answer employee queries via phone and email
- Act as specialist to answer location-specific questions
- Appropriately escalate questions to other HR teams, People Relations or Payroll when required.
- Serve as curator for updates to HR Knowledge Base Pages.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations related to employees’ management.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality in all areas of responsibility
- Keep informed on changes in policies or programs that may affect employees
- Drive continuous improvement of processes and programs to drive efficiency
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work across several tasks simultaneously
- Must be hands-on, detail-oriented, and process-minded and cope well with a high volume of HR transactions.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work accurately under time constraints
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Have consistently demonstrated a high level of customer service
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office productivity, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration or associate degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in HR support/administration.
- Experience working in a HR Shared Service delivery model a plus
Proficiency in English and French language.