Reporting to the Maintenance Lead, the Maintenance Officer will work along with the maintenance team to undertake repairs of building, equipment and assist other department.
Your role will include:
- Performing routine maintenance and repairs
- Carrying out routine inspection of sub-floor to check & detect leaks and debris buildup.
- Checking/refilling water tanks daily and carrying out routine inspection of outdoor plumbing to check for and detect leaks.
- Checking manholes, bioswale, drains/soak-aways weekly for proper flow.
- Assisting with the setting up & breaking down of equipment and furniture for corporate and departmental events.
- Cleaning and storing tools and equipment in designated area.
- Undertaking electrical, plumbing, office equipment/furniture repairs and reporting major cases of disrepairs to the Maintenance Lead.
- Facilitating contractor visits on weekends to effect repairs and/or servicing of equipment outside of regular office hours.
- Reporting accidents and hazardous situations promptly.
- Performing routine inspection of fire pump station water softener equipment
In return, you will bring:
- 5 CXC Passes inclusive of Mathematics and English, preferred
- Certification in General Construction at Level 2 or above, preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role with basic experience in plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry
- Knowledge of how to use basic tools and equipment
- Knowledge of how to handle and use chemicals in a safe & efficient manner
- Ability to meet any necessary physical requirements of the position
- Ability to work in high stress environment and handle emergency situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Follow work place safety procedure
- Follow environmental work practices
- Inventory and record keeping
- Provide customer service
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be flexible (able to work long hours and weekends)