Next generation monitor
Detecting production issues on our Vistaprint website is critical for us. Currently, we’re using a legacy tool to detect these issues so that we can take the adequate actions.
As part of modernizing and revolutionizing our toolset to provide a better maintainability and scalability, we would like to design and implement our next generation monitor tool based on the Software Design best practices and the cutting edge technologies.
We’re looking for highly motivated software engineer interns who have a strong willingness to put in practice their Software Design and Software development skills.
You need to be comfortable with at least one modern Software programming language (preferably C#), have a good knowledge about SQL and RDBMS in general and have an eagerness to learn and practice web technologies (Angular JS 4, …)
WHAT YOU'LL DO
1- Study the features and the architecture of the current tool
- Ideally reverse engineer the current code
- Engage with the stakeholders for the prioritization of the requirements
2- Design and Build
- The new tool should be based on micro-services, optionally hosted in the cloud (AWS or other)
- Apply all the Software Engineering best practices: unit tests, code reviews, continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Produce needed user documentation for the tool
- Integrate the tool with the rest of Vistaprint infrastructure