Vistaprint Corporate Solutions seeks a Manager of Software Engineering. Are you a hands-on, passionate software engineer able to lead and motivate a team and ready for the next challenge? Do you love to have a deep understanding of the software you are testing so that you can make your test suite more robust? Then read on!
The right person will help move our platform to the next level. You’ll be working as part of a skilled, collaborative team to continue to drive our existing infrastructure as well as jointly design and implement high visibility applications a. This is an ideal job if you are a hands on individual with 5+ years of experience who wants to be part of an intensely skilled team and feels total ownership of your work. You will play a crucial role in the VCS platform and everything you do will matter. You have experience in the design and implementation of our existing partner frameworks as well as participating in the next generation of our offerings. You love to mentor and grow the people who work on your team.
Your role will involve
- Leading and managing a team of developers, quality engineers and other technical resources.
- Assisting with project estimation deliverables that drive project planning and work break-down
- Participating in application design and business requirements gathering sessions where required
- Developing and coach team members while managing, motivating and inspiring them on a daily basis
- Training and mentoring future members of the team.
- Designing, implementing, and documenting, of work.
- Ability to travel to the USA required
- Fluency in English required, including excellent verbal and written communication skills
In return you will bring
- 5+ years’ experience, preferably in a fast paced, agile technical environment
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles
- Experience with large enterprise systems and structured engineering
- Experience with web services, and Service Oriented Architectures
- Demonstrable problem solving skills and strong analytic ability
- Experience coding in a modern Object Oriented language such as Java or C#
- Database programming with SQL – Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- Familiarity/Experience with .NET, Jenkins, JIRA. GIT.
- Familiarity with Agile software development philosophy, principles, and techniques.
- Experience mentoring, coaching or training other engineers
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you within this highly dynamic, rewarding environment! So if you are up for challenge in a fast-paced, energetic, and constantly changing environment apply now! Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English.