Cimpress Technology, an organization of Cimpress (corporate entity of the well-known Vistaprint.com), is responsible for developing the Mass Customization Platform. Creating microservices in the cloud to serve the masses comes with numerous challenges. To develop and drive our cutting-edge platform, Cimpress Technology is growing our talented teams of engineers in a variety of spaces including monitoring, alerting, trending, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and workflow!
DevOps Engineer II
As a DevOps Engineer II within the UnOps team, you will join a group of talented engineers delivering solutions related to continuous integration/deployment, uptime, availability, and trending of services. Utilizing demonstrated system and service design experience, the ideal candidate will have functional knowledge of what it takes to model and implement an operational system using a mix of SaaS and open-sourced solutions that internal teams can leverage to gain maturity in their operational space.
Automation and best practices are at the core of the teams at Cimpress. To support this culture, you will be expected to research various operational technology spaces, determine best of breed alternatives, define best practices, and consult with internal teams to help them mature their service pipelines and achieve their goals.
What you can expect your day-to-day activities to consist of:
- Introduce development teams to recommended operational tools that will improve their throughput
- Help development teams mature their implementations of various operational tools and services
- Devise solutions and contribute to platforms that allow teams to self-serve and troubleshoot various services
- Integrate with third-party APIs to automate various tasks
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code solutions for internal services
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Experience with source code management, ticketing systems, continuous integration, continuous deployment, logging, monitoring, alerting, and trending services
- Demonstrated experience supporting software products in a production environment
- Ability to work independently and deliver within established timelines
- Willingness and ability to adapt/learn new technology and best practices
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication, and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to interpret vendor documentation and translate it into actionable tasks to support the operations of microservices
- More than a passing familiarity with a wide variety of Amazon Web Services
- Demonstrated experience programming or scripting in at least one language
Some technologies currently being used to solve problems include:
- New Relic
- Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc)