Are you a technologist who is passionate about DevOps culture, making getting code to production fast and easy, and having great insight into what services are doing? Do you enjoy defining strategy and rolling up your sleeves to help organizations achieve these goals while operating in the cloud? If so, read on!
Cimpress – UnOps
Cimpress is the world leader in mass customization. You’ve probably heard of our brands, including Vistaprint, Webs, Pixartprinting and others. In Cimpress Technology we work to build the mass customization platform. Cimpress Technology’s UnOps Tribe is currently seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer to help us accomplish this goal.
In this role, youwill lead a team of engineers focusedon delivering Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, Monitoring, Alerting, and Trending services, tooling, and consulting. Asthe leader ofthis team, youwill be working directly to shape ourtechnologyvision in these spacesandhave a real impact on a large and ever increasing number of developers.
Thisisagreatopportunityforinnovative, entrepreneurial-mindedindividualslookingtomakealargeimpactinachallenging, highlycreative,andever-evolvingculture. Come join us andmakeyourmark!
Lead DevOps Engineer
As a Lead DevOps Engineer in UnOps, you will provide the architectural expertise and leadership to help drive our Continuous Integration and Delivery, Monitoring, Alerting, and Trending offerings for an ecosystem of microservices. You will also have a critical role in ensuring we’re providing the right services as best we can to keep us on the cutting edge into the future. We’re seeking someone who is passionate about automation and is comfortable in the selection, implementation, automation, management, administration, and operation of these systems.
In this role, you will help Cimpress Technology to succeed by...
... identifying, selecting, designing and implementing CI/CD / MAT solutions
... architecting a modern, operable, and scalable infrastructure using cloud technologies where appropriate
... documenting and coaching developers in proper operations concerns and practices
- Define operational strategy and architecture based on applied research
- Lead a team of engineers to find and implement best of breed solutions in technical spaces
- Identify opportunities for automation and design and implement solutions accordingly
- Supporting development teams in the use of products and services
- Share knowledge through documentation and consulting
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge, reliability, and creativity with modern software development infrastructure
- Possess strong motivation to build, improve, and maintain a robust suite of software development infrastructure offerings for running microservices consumed by a large enterprise
- Prior success leading a team to automate development infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills for presenting solutions and sharing knowledge
- Experience operating and automating an IT infrastructure using cloud providers
- Strong understanding of underlying IT concepts (TCP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, SSH)
- Experience operating in a microservices architecture
- Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, TravisCI, GitLab CI)
- Configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Development experience (Node.JS, Ruby, Python, .NET)
- Infrastructure automation tools (Rake, Packer, Vagrant, Consul, Terraform, Docker)
- Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, Digital Ocean)
- Logging, Monitoring, and Alerting tools (Sumo Logic, New Relic, ELK, Grafana, PagerDuty)
- Database technologies (MS-SQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis)