Are you the perfect blend of left and right brain talent? Are you excited to be part of a growing and dynamic team that is revolutionizing the way small business owners market their business? Do you get excited when you work directly with customers and develop products that solve their problems? If you answered yes to all the above, you should join the Vistaprint Site Experience Team.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will imagine, design, and build a shopping experience that helps small business owners find and buy the products that make them look great. You’ll work in a tight-knit agile team of engineers, designers and analysts to create new concepts from the ground up and test them live, in front of 20 million customers a month. While your primary focus will be on building incredible customer experiences for the web, you’ll have an opportunity to learn and contribute across the whole stack, from styling to services.
At Vistaprint, you will:
- Work in a cross-functional, autonomous team to build a tailored, flexible, and inspiring e-commerce experience
- Collaborate with business owners, designers, and analysts to build and develop highly impactful customer-facing features
- Mentor junior developers and help them grow
What you will bring to the role:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong industry experience (5+ years) in full-stack web application development
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages, such as C#, Java, or Node.js, etc.
- A solid understanding of continuous integration and deployment tools and processes (We use Jenkins, Artifactory and others)
- Experience running cloud-based applications in production (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with database design and querying a plus
- Experience with content management systems a plus
- Practical application experience with agile/lean software development
- Curiosity, and an ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Great team skills: communication, collaborative thinking, and the willingness to give and receive open and honest feedback.
Who we are:
At Vistaprint, our business model and strategy have evolved in a big way. If you think of us as the Free Business Card company, you’ll have to come take a look at the new Vistaprint. We have an exciting product assortment and an aspiration to empower small business owners to achieve their dreams. The process of customizing marketing materials for a small business is a daunting and overwhelming task. We believe we can enable our customers to market their business and their brand in an exciting way and we intend to wow them with how easy it is for them to achieve this. Customer experience will be a differentiator for us and we have prioritized evolution of our Site Experience as a top strategic priority to enable us to accelerate the pace of change.