We’re looking for a software engineer to join our team. We work with marketers, financial teams, analysts, data scientists and other engineering squads to help them gain an understanding of all aspects of our business, from reporting on daily business operations to predictive modelling.
You should be happy talking and listening to business users, be willing to learn, and to be ready to coach and mentor other engineers. Technically you should be confident in designing, implementing and supporting technical solutions, and be ready to adapt your designs and code based on discussions and feedback.
Daily duties include:
- Interacting with our business partners to discuss requirements, understand business goals and gather feedback on our systems.
- Use data processing, data validation, unit tests and release process quality control to ensure data integrity.
- Design, implement and support data pipeline processes.
- Meet business functional and financial goals through requirements gathering, problem investigation, decision support and continuous improvement of all data solutions in the multi-terabyte data lake, data warehouse, data pipeline and data modelling environments.
- Develop models for predictive modelling, recommendations and A/B testing for the analytics and marketing departments.
You should have experience with the following:
- Java / C#
- SQL (Hive QL and T-SQL)
Any experience of the following is a bonus:
- Machine learning frameworks, e.g. scikit-learn, tensorflow, Azure Cognitive Services
- OLAP, especially SSAS
- Relational database engines, e.g. SQL Server, APS, SQL Data Warehouse
- Basic cloud experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Microservice/back end web service development, e.g. Spring, SpringBoot, .NET, Django
- Agile principles and methods, including Scrum
- Bachelor's degree (foreign equivalent degrees accepted) in a technical subject including, but not limited to, computer science, any engineering discipline, life sciences
- 3 years of experience in an engineering or data-related discipline