Manufacturing Systems Engineer
Summary of Responsibility
The Manufacturing Systems Engineer will provide support for the IT and technology needs of the facility from both a print-production and an administrative-related perspective. This includes responsibilities such as process and troubleshooting IT issues brought up in our reporting system, being the IT lead on projects and providing necessary support, and supporting our infrastructure and datacenter.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Support day to day requestsin Vistaprint’s proprietary software
- Support all pre-press technologies, including file conversion, transfer, scheduling, ganging, ripping, etc. with proprietary software and hardware mechanisms
- Document all undocumented processes and maintain and update existing processes.
- Perform new hire deployment, including account creation, hardware assembly and software installation
- Support our infrastructure, primarily but not limited to Virtualization, Networking, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Storage, Exchange, Database, Security.
- Have a working knowledge of SQL and PowerShell
- Install, maintain, upgrade and support all computer technologies in office, shop floor, call center and data center
- Maintain Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, numerous print server technologies etc.
- Adhere to workload and work direction as driven by a Service Desk/Ticketing program and local print-production needs
- Have advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Singleton SMRF Services, Micro Services and the impact they have on production.
- Inventory control of IT equipment.
- Log all hours to individual incident or task JIRA tickets.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO MEET THE OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
- Bachelor Degree in a computer related field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a computer/networking support role
- Moderate knowledge of desktop support for Microsoft operating systems and applications, hardware installation and troubleshooting, TCP/IP and basic network concepts, and printing technologies (Laser, Thermal, Inkjet, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of server hardware and software installation and maintenance
- Advanced understanding of routers, switches, and networking technology
- Ability to react quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- Flexible to changing work hours and shifts depending on the business needs
NICE TO HAVES:
- Understanding of different scripting languages, PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Understanding of Cisco CLI commands, show commands and how to connect to switches
- Basic understanding of Data Center management (racking, cables, inventory).