Come join the team that is revolutionizing one of the most successful e-commerce companies in the world!
As a member of the Image Processing and Algorithms Squad, you will join a group of pragmatic visionaries and scientists that are leveraging machine learning to solve complex problems that no other company has. At present, we are chewing on the next generation embroidery digitization pipeline, image resolution enhancement and interactive vectorization to name a few.
You are someone who can argue the importance of PUTs being idempotent and who knows REST is not only something you do when asleep. You demand continuous delivery, automated testing and have a strong opinion on how a modern software engineering ecosystem should work. You write great code, and expect the same of others on the team.
As a Software Engineer II, you provide the architectural expertise and deliver solution to help drive our Continuous Integration and Delivery offerings and other modern IT infrastructure for an ecosystem of microservices. You will be hands on writing beautiful, highly scalable code that will fuel our growth towards $2B in revenue.
Our technology ecosystem contains over a dozen micro-services, and is growing. Our services are C#/Node based, running in the AWS Cloud. Additional tools we use on a daily basis include Git/Stash, Jira, CodeDeploy, dynamoDB, Artifactory, Slack and Jenkins. We believe that having a diverse toolbox allows us to solve a larger array of challenges using the right tools, and that smart people will make smart decisions on which tools to use. We’re constantly looking for new and interesting ways to solve problems.
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about automation and is comfortable in the construction, automation, management, administration, and operation of CI/CD systems.
In this role, you will help empower developers to deliver better software faster by...
... designing and implementing CD/CD solutions
... architecting a modern, operable, and scalable infrastructure using cloud technologies
... documenting and coaching developers in proper operations concerns and practices.
If you are as excited as us about building highly scalable and performant solutions at web scale, you should come talk with us!
To be successful, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency in at least one mainstream object-oriented development language, with Java or .NET being preferred
- Experience with source code management, ticketing systems, continuous integration, continuous deployment, logging, monitoring, alerting, and trending services
- Demonstrated experience supporting software products in a production environment
- Experience in recent, modern software development and a desire to write (and review) code every day
- Passion for building high volume, distributed and scalable RESTful services in a continuous delivery environment
- Ability to excel on an extremely talented team in a fast paced environment
- Experience with high volume transactional systems