Cimpress is one of those companies you might have never heard of, but if you look around, you’ll find our products on almost every corner. When you see a business card, customized t-shirt, mug, poster, photo album or engraved pen, there is a high chance that they actually came from one of our facilities.
We are disrupting a multi-billion-dollar business by using the newest technologies to run our manufacturing facilities. Our job in Prague is to (in cooperation with our colleagues from Switzerland and U.S) help direct millions of orders from all around the world to the best (closest, cheapest, highest-quality) factory that can produce it, as well write software that will support all of the processes ranging from ordering the product till it’s successful delivery to the customers door.
In our high-volume business, we need to be smart about our choice of technology as well as our algorithms and architecture.
At the moment, our most commonly used technologies are:
- React and Vue on the client and micro-service architecture using mostly Node.js
- Relational and NoSQL databases
… and the list could go on. We trust our engineers to make good team decisions about their technology and we let them pick the tools that make the most sense for the problem they are solving. This helps us keep our software up to date with the newest technologies (because developers love to play with new stuff J ) but at the same time we are choosing long-term solutions over the short-term hypes (because developers hate rewriting everything from scratch again and again J )
Some challenges you will be faced with:
- Figuring out, how to model your services in a very diverse environment
- Creating algorithms for matching orders to equipment that needs to be used to produce them
- Maintaining high availability of your services
- Figuring out how to build user friendly UIs in which the customers can manage their complex factory setup
How we operate:
Although we are a big company spread around multiple continents, our teams have almost a start-up feel. The squads are autonomous, which means that they are deciding on their technology, tasks and deadlines, as well as the way they want to work together (Kanban, Scrum …). On the other hand they are expected to make informed decisions, use common sense and be responsible towards delivering useful software.
What we can offer you:
- Very competitive pay
- Work with interesting technologies
- Possibility to grow professionally
- Freedom to architect and implement your own solutions
- Generous benefits package
- Exciting projects that have global impact
- Most challenging environment you will probably see in the industry
- Travel expenses
- Possibility to travel to our factories and offices all around the world
What we expect from you:
- Passion for learning and trying new things
- Either Frontend (React, Vue, Angular) or Backend (NodeJs ES6/ES7) experience*
- Microservice architecture experience
- Knowledge how rest works
- Prior experience with AWS