Help build a world-class, next generation big data analytics platform
Cimpress is a company on an audacious journey to build a platform connecting people, companies and products around the world, making it possible for small businesses and consumers everywhere to express themselves and their energies. You will be in the early stages of defining and bringing to life the very nerve center of this network.
The Cimba team is passionate about data. We are responsible for full data processing flows, processing raw data streaming in live from microservices around the world, applying statistical methodologies and making our data available to drive and enable decision making worldwide.
We are looking for a highly-motivated SeniorSoftware Engineer who thinks outside the box. This engineer will be a professional with software development background who gets the entire spectrum in the big data analytics continuum, someone who is passionate about taking on complex data problems in a big data world and making sense of it through advanced data engineering and rendering techniques and tools, undertaking the full software lifecycle of design, implementation, integration and testing.
What you get to do:
- Help design and code the ground-up technical implementation of Cimpress’ new Cimba platform in a collaborative fashion.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand their requirements, assess the business impact and prioritize work accordingly.
- Work closely with other teams to understand how source system changes impact our upstream data processing.
- Rethink and influence strategy and roadmap for building scalable data solutions and scalable data warehouse environment.
- Actively engage in code reviews and design initiatives providing continuous feedback
- Improve and maintain a high-performance and highly scalable data pipeline to collect and process millions, potentially billions, of events per day.
- Work with real-time data processing and streaming techniques and workflows.
Requisite Skills and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related technical field, a Master’s degree is a plus
- 2+ years of professional work experience in software engineering or related discipline
- Experience in developing and working with data ingestion pipelines for analytics desired
- Significant past experience with SQL, dimensional data modeling, relational and columnar databases
- Desired, familiarity with data presentation preferably with tools such as Looker, Tableau, D3
- Interest to learn and work with distributed computation platforms (Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS desired)
- Experience with distributed software suites such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Presto, Pig, Hive
- Experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, NodeJS, Scala, OS scripting
- Working knowledge of Linux
- A professional attitude with strong interpersonal and communication skills at different levels - frequent video communication with remote teams required
- You're known as a creative, innovative and outside-the-box thinker, unafraid to express your ideas with other team members including those with more seniority
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and given context, you're capable of self-direction when solving difficult problems in creative ways and making a real impact to the business
- You have a passion for keeping up with the fast-emerging big data analytics technical landscape
- Fluency in English written and oral