Senior DevOps Engineer- LinuX
Do you enjoy developing and maintaining Linux-based intranet applications?
Do you take pleasure in making other people more productive, by building automation and by teaching others how to automate?
- 3+ years' experience developing Linux software in any of the following languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Solid knowledge of mySQL or other database platforms
- Solid knowledge of Apache, Nginx, or other webserver platforms
- Experience with Puppet, Hiera, or other configuration management platforms is a must.
- JVM performance tuning, system health monitoring, 3rd party integrations, application upgrades.
- Ensure High-availability in web applications (load-balancers, distributed caching)
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, for interacting with clients and creating documentation.
Other desirable skills
- MediaWiki, WordPress, and/or Moodle development experience
- Experience with Kerberos, LDAP, and single sign-on (SSO)
- Any Microsoft experience: C#, SQL Server, Active Directory, Exchange calendar APIs
Experience with Virtualization.
- Experience using Git or other version control systems.