Business Development Manager
The Outside Sales Team at Vistaprint Corporate Solutions (VCS) is responsible for acquiring and developing B2B Accounts which spend between $25,000 and $100,000 on print and promotional products. This will be accomplished by introducing, demonstrating, and gaining commitment to implement personalized print portals for new Partners. The team will leverage business process within the VCS channel and combine that with high velocity outside selling tactics leveraging prospect targeting, research, and f2f interactions to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth.
We are establishing outside sales teams in major metropolitan markets and are seeking highly motivated, techno-savvy, business development professionals who are seeking an opportunity to work with one of the largest and most well-known brands in the personalized product marketplace.
Under the direction of the Business Development Director, you will engage with customers and leverage sales skills to build relationships, drive awareness and ultimately secure new print portals for commercial clients. As the primary external sales contact tasked with new business growth, the BDM’s primary responsibilities are finding, qualifying and closing new partner opportunities. Primary objectives are attained through a blending of selling and marketing competencies.
You will leverage value-centric messaging which articulates our unique and relevant value proposition. Interact and convince partners to choose VSC resulting in closed sales and revenue growth against an assigned quota. Working within a start-up environment at VCS you will also gather and report on competitive insight, product guidance and customer feedback to Directors within the VCS business unit. Because of being a key member in the start-up environment, you will be asked to flex your style to the business needs, try new techniques as the product emerges and influence revenue along the way.
Your role will involve:
- Prospect qualification and opportunity assessment leading to measurable new business growth
- Actively manage a well-qualified pipeline of at least 250 prospects with targeted an average annual program value of $50,000 each, resulting in a minimum of $500,000 in new revenue in year 1
- Collect content and prepare submissions to RFQs and RFPs
- Provide ongoing communication to the Account Management team to ensure a smooth transition from first purchase to ongoing buying.
- Ensure all opportunities, activities, intelligence, and relationships are completely recorded and tracked in salesforce.com
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to ensure that partner quote requests are acted on in compliance with VCS processes
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships within VCS teams to ensure new business development initiatives are supported
- Work with an extended team to understand and analyze the competitive landscape
In return you will bring:
- 2-5 years of experience within an outside sales environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive, energetic. and goal oriented, driven to exceed a quota which will be tied to uncapped variable income opportunities
- Excellent time management skills within the assigned marketplace to provide for stellar results
- Strategic thinker with the ability to multitask in business development based activities
- Able to present solutions in f2f interactions while understanding the specific value drivers of the prospect being engaged
- Strong relationship building and solution selling skills
- Excellent active listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SFDC
About Vistaprint Corporate Solutions:
Vistaprint Corporate Solutions, a sister company of Vistaprint, is a global e-commerce leader in providing custom print and promotional products to mid-market, commercial, and enterprise customers. With our innovative ProShop platform and Large Custom Order services, we provide a streamlined solution that enables organizations to overcome the logistical challenges of distributing brand-consistent materials—from small batch to bulk quantities. ProShop empowers companies with their own custom branded storefront—equipped with a quick approval process—where users can create, customize, and order any print or promotional product. Learn more about how we deliver simplicity for the enterprise at VistaprintCorporate.com.