Vistaprint is looking for a PR Specialist who wants to take the next big step in their career, working on both national and global campaigns for a leading brand.
The PR team is primarily responsible for seeking out opportunities for positive brand exposure, both through coverage in external media and partnerships with organizations, individuals and events relevant to our customers. As the PR Specialist for North America, you will be expected to take a lead on all activities in the US and Canada and provide a major contribution towards Vistaprint’s global PR strategy.
Reporting to the Global PR Manager you will use your natural proactivity, excellent project management skills and media relations know-how to help drive the success of this small but ambitious team. In this role you will mostly be responsible for managing PR campaigns in North America, but will also be involved with planning and execution in other country markets, allowing you to expand your knowledge of how PR operates internationally.
Your role will involve:
- Planning and executing PR projects and campaigns focused on US and Canada and providing additional support for initiatives in other markets
- Shaping our global PR strategy
- Liaising with senior executives to grow their profile externally and advise on reputational issues
- Crisis management as needed
- Partnering with country managers and marketing channel owners to develop and execute on integrated, relevant campaigns and initiatives
- Working closely with the content marketing and SEO teams to plan integrated and mutually supportive campaigns
- Managing external providers and agencies, ensuring projects are executed both successfully and on time
- Drafting and pitching press releases
- Developing relationships with media with a focus on small business, enterprise and marketing writers
- Developing relationships with key influencers in the small business space
- Maintaining and updating the Vistaprint Newsroom site - posting press releases, uploading resources and fielding queries
- Filtering and responding to incoming queries addressed to the NA PR email address
- Preparing regular briefings for the team on the latest small business news and trends from North America
- Working with colleagues in other marketing channels to ensure PR projects get visibility amongst our customer base – including social media, email and websites
- Monitoring competitor PR activity and presenting to the team when required
Skills and experience required:
- More than 5 years of PR experience in North America (agency or in house)
- A passion for creativity, with the desire and ability to come up with original PR stories and campaign ideas
- Experience working on PR campaigns that incorporate social media/content marketing elements
- Agency management experience a plus
- Good journalist and influencer contacts in North America, preferably in Business, Small Business or B2B focused media - Knowledge of small business media and influencers in UK, Germany or France and advantage
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with senior stakeholders and executives
- Cooperative team worker with a proactive approach and the ability to take the initiative
If you are ready to make headlines for Vistaprint, apply now!