Senior Software Support Engineer
This Senior Software Support Engineer position is an exciting role on the growing Technology Support team. This person will be responsible for supporting ongoing initiatives and work requests by implementing existing software capabilities, working with the business stakeholders to drive work to completion, and providing feedback through partnered teams to improve process and tooling. You will be on a self-organizing team that supports multiple projects with varying solutions. The best candidates for this role are motivated self-starters who thrive on learning as they go.
- Work with the business stakeholders and developers to understand production requirements; document and support the technology platform
- Work on projects to improve existing tools and systems
- Triage and diagnosis of production issues to either resolution or escalation to development teams
- Participation in development/release processes including ticket management, test patching, production patching, and deployments
- Create and curate documentation for end users, other engineers, and business owners
- Be a contact for other teams by answering technology questions and supporting multiple cross-functional project teams
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- Organizational skills—specifically, understand prioritization and how to advocate for work so that time is spent delivering the most valuable items.
- Strong capacity for logical thinking, with the ability to understand the inter-relationships among complex applications and systems
- Ability to learn systems and technologies very quickly. Know a little about a lot, but know a lot where it counts. Invest your learning time wisely.
- Ability to adapt and take on new responsibilities as well as always look for how to improve on the existing “way we do things”.
- Ability to perform both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of C#, or similar object oriented programming languages
- Knowledge of Git, other source control technologies
- Fluent level of English
Why You’ll Love It
- You’ll be a key part of a highly productive, motivated, and established global team that delivers tangible value to the core Vistaprint business.
- Never a dull moment! There are always opportunities to learn something new and improve your skillset as the team deals in many different technologies and is responsible for supporting many different tools and systems.
- Self-determination: the team has a mandate to determine areas where we can make improvements using our collective experience and expertise.
And, most importantly, Vistaprint is a great place to work! Visit lifeinvistaprint.com,and twitter.com: # lifeinvistaprint to see why!