Vistaprint is looking for a Software Developer that will report to the Manufacturing IT Manager and be responsible for deploying code for proprietary automation, deploying code for websites and web-accessible self-service tools, executing full life-cycle software development and developing scripts and services for end users.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support deployed code.
- Document all code thoroughly through a Unified Comment System (UCS) and via Wiki entries.
- Work primarily within the Windsor IT Development project, outside of the Windsor IT board.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Visual Studio IDE.
- Have the knowledge and ability to actively write simple and complex automation tools using C# and the StronglyTyped Object-Orientated approach where possible.
- Have an excellent knowledge of GIT and source control via Atlassian BitBucket.
- Write scalable, easy to understand code for other Software Engineers on projects.
- Have advanced knowledge in MySQL, MSSQL, and actively write and maintain all web projects in PHP, CSS, JQuery and HTML (utilizing the Bootstrap framework).
- Log all hours worked in the appropriate tickets.
- Focus on the ability to vastly improve office and plant automation where possible.
- Knowledge of Internet Information Services and its related products.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Evaluate and prioritize user feedback.
- Comply with project plans defined either by the manager, team or project lead and industry standards.
- Develop all applications with security first, followed by UX.
- Uncover and identify needs and wants from users to develop products.
- Constantly remain up-to-date with new implementations in programming technology.
- Constantly remain patient and willing to help or train colleagues.
- Review code on an 'as-assigned' basis.
- Read and analyze any deployed product metrics.
Software Engineer Technical
- Ability to react quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
- High desire to learn and develop self
- Flexible to changing work hours depending on business need
Software Engineer Experience
- 3 years of Programming/Development experience in a corporate environment.
- Advanced knowledge in HTML5, CSS, PHP, Bootstrap, C#, PowerShell 5.0, JAVA, SQL.
Software Engineer Education
- Bachelor’s (HBO) degree in Computer Science (4-year degree) considered an asset
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANY TIME.