Cimpress is a company on a bold journey to build a platform connecting people, companies and products around the world, making it possible for small businesses and consumers everywhere to express themselves and promote their initiatives. You will be in the early stages of defining and bringing to life the very nerve center of this network, a platform for advanced analytics and insight enablement.
As a BI DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a growing team that will develop & maintain the overall health, performance and reliability of the data, infrastructure & tools which constitute the Cimpress Business Analytics (Cimba) warehouse, catalog and ingestion architecture. This critical data & infrastructure powers our self-service analytical platform and makes Mass Customization Platform (MCP) information available in near real-time, empowering internal & external leaders and groups to explore data, develop insights and drive key decisions within their respective businesses. You will play an instrumental role in developing, implementing and automating key parts of this architecture to shape and influence the overall experience of our partners.
In this role you will
- Monitor, maintain & ensure health and availability of the core components and systems though automation where possible
- Development, maintenance and operation of CI/CD pipeline software
- Create self-service and automated tools and testing
- Work with Software Engineering and other less technical teams to promote DevOps practices and principles
- Provide on-site and remote operational user support for AWS and DevOps platforms and tools, including design and consulting support
- Demonstrate strong technical skills, the ability to understand the “big picture” of the codebase for complex functional areas,
- Provide improvements and guidance based on your career-hardened DevOps experiences and best practices and provide mentoring and development of junior engineers.
- Collaborate closely with our global team and partners to extend, enhance and add value to our program and services
Desired skills and experience:
- 3+ years of a strong background Linux/Unix Administration, including experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.
- 3+ years of a strong background building and supporting CI/CD processes and pipelines.
- 2+ years development in traditional RDBMS systems (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL), Database Administration experience is a plus.
- 2+ years experience in a large to very-large Massively Parallel Processing (MPP)enterprise data warehouse environment (Redshift, Vertica, MemSQL, etc), Database Administration experience is a plus.
- 2+ years working in a “Big Data” technology Administration (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Snowflake, Cassandra, etc)
- 2+ years experience building and maintaining production-level process and infrastructure monitoring and alerting (Datadog, SumoLogic, New Relic)
- 3+ years Cloud-based experience (ie AWS, Azure, etc) a plus.
- Demonstrated experience using a scripting language (shell, Python, Perl)
- Strong understanding of, and practical experience with web application development
- Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset such as Jira and Confluence or similar tools
- Knowledge of APIs, RESTful services and how they can be used to integrate with AWS
- Experience with scripting in Jenkins, Chef, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, or other similar products
- Experience working with version control software, such as Git or SVN
- Programming experience in Ruby, Python, Java, or similar with software design skills, as well as with current best practices and methodologies (e.g. Agile preferred)
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in complex environments
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- A fun, friendly team that enjoys playing games at lunchtime.
- Opportunity for high impact and visibility on a core technology team.
- Flexible hours and excellent work/life balance.
- Modern, LEED-certified building with EV charging stations, and shuttles to/from public transportation.
- Stocked kitchen with free fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages.
- Gym, fitness classes, and monthly massages on-site.