This position is responsible for collaborating with Marketing, Capacity Planning and the Supply Chain teams to analyze and develop a supply plan that is used by supply chain team to purchase, plan and manage incoming raw materials into Vistaprint facilities in Windsor, Reno & Dallas. The main objective is to maintain inventory level targets while delivering 100% material availability for production. This position is also responsible for highlighting risks and opportunities to the business and working with cross functional teams to reconcile forecast variances and provide updates to reflect marketing assumptions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a supply forecast plan based on business trends, promotional activity and business requirements
- Aggregate product needs from marketing team and develop/use statistical tools to analyze forecast demand compared to current actual run rates.
- Compile detailed view of issues, lead corrective actions & escalate roadblocks for prompt resolution
- Develop analysis on product mix against multiple plants across North America. This includes multiple scenario planning based on plant and equipment capabilities.
- Optimize inventory while maintaining high service level at all plant locations.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of bottom-up forecasts to top-down level plans
- Work with Buyer Planner team to understand and react to forecast accuracy challenges.
- Analyze and communicate business trends with business partners by providing data to reach effective decisions on under or over-performing items
- Support and implement Supply Chain best practices and efficiency improvements to ensure utilization of best methods (statistical models and software tools) in the development of forecasts, and material plans.
- Work with Supply chain teams to ensure consistent use of SAP and eProcurement at all locations.
- Identify and summarize risk and opportunities via weekly S&OP team meetings
- Support performance metric generation and analysis
- Perform detailed ad-hoc analysis as needed in support of the Supply Chain Team including clear documentation on monthly forecast changes at appropriate levels of detail.
- Demonstrates initiative to identify improvement opportunities that impact operational, procedural or financial areas.
- Possesses a broad knowledge of business practices which facilitates effective interactions with global marketing, operations, global / regional purchasing, accounts payable and finance.
- Other duties will be assigned as required by supervisor and may vary depending on employee experience as well as production seasonality
- Frequent Business Contact points: Staff Manager, Purchasing, Supply Chain Director, Analytics Manager, Marketing Manager, Portfolio Management GTM (Responsible for S&OP), & Global Procurement Category Managers.
Education and Training:
- University or College education majoring in data management, materials management, business or engineering is required. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Very strong functional working knowledge of MS Excel, Macros and forecasting models
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- SAP and SAP advanced planning and optimization experience preferred
- SQL and other data management skills are considered an asset
- Experience in product launch management
- 5+ years in Senior data management role
- 5+ years in supply chain role preferred
- Experience with inventory management and purchasing systems
- SAP skill capability: Operationally proficient at MRP planning (considered an asset)
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders across multiple business units and levels
- Superior analytical skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with MRP systems
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills to deal with tight deadlines and complex cross functional interactions daily
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility in working hours
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status. Vistaprint welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.