This Software Operations Engineer position is an exciting role on the growing central Marketing Technology Support team. This person will be responsible for supporting ongoing initiatives and work requests by implementing existing software capabilities, working with the business to drive work to completion, and providing feedback through partnered teams to improve process and tooling. You will be on a self-organizing team that supports multiple projects with varying solutions. The best candidate for this role is a motivated self-starter who thrives on learning as they go.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the business and developers to understand production requirements; document and support the technology platform
- Triage and diagnosis of production issues to either resolution or escalation to development squad
- Participation in development/release processes including ticket management, test patching, and production patching
- Create and curate documentation for end users, other engineers, and business owners.
- Be a contact for other teams by answering technology questions and supporting multiple cross-functional project teams
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of C#, or similar object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge of Git, other source control technologies
- Experience with debugging object oriented development environments, especially using Visual Studio
- Organizational skills—specifically, understand prioritization and how to advocate for work so that time is spent delivering the most valuable items.
- Ability to perform both as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- Improve and revamp processes as well as provide feedback regarding existing process, tooling, and solutions.
- Ability to learn systems and technologies very quickly. Know a little about a lot, but know a lot where it counts.
- Invest your learning time wisely.
- Ability to adapt and take on new responsibilities as well as always look for how to improve on the existing “way we do things”.
Why You’ll Love It
- You’ll be a key part of a highly productive, motivated, and established global team that delivers tangible value to the core Vistaprint business.
- Never a dull moment! There are always opportunities to learn something new and improve your skillset as the team deals in many different technologies and is responsible for supporting many different tools.
- Self-determination: the team has a mandate to determine areas where we can make improvements using our collective experience and expertise.
- And, most importantly, Vistaprint is a great place to work: in addition to joining an amazingly talented international team we have a great benefits package including…
- Competitive salary, lunch benefit + private healthcare and flexible working hours with paid time off
- Onsite training, conferences, meetups, free tech library, online training subscription
- Active sports community (basketball, beach volleyball, ping pong, etc)
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Language courses (Catalan, Spanish, and English), and more: visit lifeinvistaprint.com, and twitter.com/VistaprintLife for more information!
If the above sounds interesting to you don't hesitate to apply (using a resume in English); we look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.