Job Title: Team Lead
Job Level: MG1
Must Have Skills, Education & Behaviors:
- Bachelor’ s degree; preferably in business or communications
- At least 3 years of experience in service-oriented environment with a minimum of 2 years of experience as a team leader.
The Team Lead is responsible for mentoring a diversified team of specialists in the field of graphic designer (Production Artists – PAT). PATs are responsible to recreate or review customer designs to ensure they meet design standards to customer satisfaction. Team Lead focuses on coaching, mentoring and catering to the needs of team members with different skill sets and job scopes, ensuring that everyone works towards the company’s goals and mission.
- Leadership/Team Management:
- Create transparency and enthusiasm for company's vision and mission
- Ensure the team members develop the skills they need to deliver outstanding customer value – by regular feedback conversations, coaching sessions or team-based learning and exchange opportunities
- Enable individuals and the team to remove impediments that prevent them from exceeding expectations in their work
- Create a fun and engagement-inspiring working environment that encourages personal responsibility und mutual support
- Leverage support from other functions to better meet team members’ needs and to help them grow through regular feedback
- Make well-informed decisions regarding probationary periods and other employment related matters.
- Ensure disciplinary discussions and actions for employees occur in empathetic, transparent, accurate and timely manner
- Encourage the team to proactively come up with improvement ideas and to raise issues regarding processes, systems, tools and performance.
- Operational Excellence/Process improvements:
- Collaborate with Service Quality/Design Quality and Operational Excellence team to ensure quality standards and best practices are adhered to by team members.
- Understand and improve existing process for various workflows by finding creative solutions to challenges faced by customers and/or PATs
- Ensure high compliance to operational processes.
- Proactively raise issues regarding systems, tools and performance to relevant teams for quick and accurate resolution.
- Develops a customer satisfaction-oriented approach within the team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, leads and facilitates change and models professionalism.
- Supports and assists with hiring and interviewing process as requested.
- Processing designs from customers based on the existing processes and meet quality standards to stay updated on dynamically evolving business requirements.
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed
- Additional Requirements:
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in people management and development, with an emphasis on managing teams working on multiple workflows in a dynamically changing environment
- Empathy and outstanding communication skills in 1:1 as well as group settings
- A leadership style based on partnership and empowerment
- Proven track record of managing multiple priorities
- An aptitude for learning and use of multiple tools
- The absolute will to inspire customer loyalty and to deliver service excellence
- Good understanding of principles of change management and agile organizations
- Willingness to constantly learn from feedback and continuously develop own skill set
- Proactive self-starter with a positive attitude who can inspire enthusiasm in others
- A structured, thorough and sustainable working style
- Profound experience in a customer service setting
Good to have:
- Experience working on graphic designing tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Experience in leading a team of graphic designers.