Vistaprint is looking for Jr. Software Engineers with the energy and passion to help the company be a leader in technology and innovation in the Washington DC area. You’ll have an opportunity to be part of a skilled, collaborative team of talented engineers working together to solve problems for Vistaprint’s inspiring customers – small and microbusiness owners around the world. If you are starting your engineering career, are hungry to be immersed in new technologies, yearn to write quality code every day, love to solve challenging and rewarding problems, and get all tingly at the chance to deliver excellent software to customers daily, this is an IDEAL job for you. As a valued member of a team at Vistaprint, you can be confident that everything you do will matter.
Webs.com is the Digital Services business of Vistaprint which is aiming to become an engineering center of excellence for the entire company, following its acquisition in 2011.
Vistaprint is a global e-commerce brand empowering more than 16 million micro business owners to professionally promote their business with quality printed and digital marketing products at an affordable price. Our world-class online design studio allows customers to easily customize their products including business cards, marketing materials, signage, promotional products, apparel, Vistaprint websites, digital marketing, cards and stationery at www.vistaprint.com We support 25 localized Vistaprint websites serving various global markets and have thousands of employees in offices worldwide. Vistaprint is a Cimpress (Nasdaq:CMPR) brand.
Your role will involve:
- Active participation on a software development team designing, coding, testing, and releasing functionality to our customers daily
- The opportunity to work on any or all parts of an online application (from databases and deployment scripts to AJAX and CSS)
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and product managers, becoming an irreplaceable member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that takes your growth seriously and puts people around you to help you acquire all the skills you want and need (and some skills you don’t even know that you want yet)
What’s in it for you?
- Work on a highly collaborative, self-organizing team + the ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you use
- The ability to grow your skills every day and earn the respect of some of the most talented engineers in the Washington DC area
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, and online training subscriptions
- Free lunch and drinks, plus many company and team outings
- And more!
In return you will bring:
- 0 to 3 years of experience working as a software developer in a fast-paced, technical, problem-solving environment as a software developer or software engineering intern
- One or two software engineering projects or internships that you are especially proud of and would be excited to talk about with other engineers who can truly appreciate just how cool it is
- Demonstrable understanding of software engineering fundamentals and object-oriented programming
- Some understanding and maybe some experience with using OOP via C#, Java, C, C++ or similar
- Familiarity with code management (GIT/SVN) and continuous integration build and deploy
- Excellent oral and written (English) communication skills
If you love difficult challenges in technology and a family-like environment where people love to work hard and hang out with each other after work, you should apply now!