Vistaprint’s Design Services connects small business owners directly to designers to accomplish their design needs and live their dreams.
The Creative Director for Design Services will report to the director of Global Design Services Operations. This key leadership position drives world-class identity and marketing design for Vistaprint’s Design Services team and efficient project oversight. This position requires expert experience in product design, with a passion for understanding what drives small business and consumer behavior, and understands how to apply those insights in order to impact the delivery of well crafted, professional, on trend and inspiring design to our customers.
The Creative Director is responsible for being conceptual and strategic, partnering with design, operations and business strategy teams. This position will lead the design strategy for a team of approximately 500 designers across the globe to ensure the highest quality of work is always delivered to our customers. You will work collaboratively with design team leads in each location to ensure success and as a result, this position will require travel.
- Overseeing design and leading design vision and strategy for all Vistaprint’s Design Services program (including 500+ designers)
- Ensuring quality of services is improving towards our design satisfaction goal of 90%
- Driving and communicating long-term content creative vision from both a customer and business point of view to leadership, team leads and designers
- Cultivating an environment of inspiration, innovation and opportunity
- Driving excellence in creative capabilities development, service disciplines, skills training, and career paths
- Working collaboratively with operational groups to ensure efficient and consistent interaction models, work streams, and reporting metrics
- Leadership of global design ambassador team, problem solving, scaling and refining our design strategy
- Bachelor’ Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or a related subject
- 10+ years’ creative leadership and management
- Proven management and leadership experience for large creative teams (100+)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite both on Mac & PC
- A strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in identity development, intelligent creative and design craftsmanship
- Proven track record in building and fostering high performance teams
- Creative thinker, problem solver and artist
- Willingness to be a hands-on creative leader and coach
- Possesses the ability to execute strategically as well as tactically
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, relationship building and communication skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Travel up to 50% of the time to Design center locations in India, Philippines, Tunisia, Jamaica and Germany