Are you a driven and dedicated localization professional in search of a new challenge?
Within our in-house Localization Team you will be responsible for executing high-quality, culturally relevant marketing translations following corporate brand guidelines. You will act as an expert of the Dutch culture and localize global marketing campaigns and product launches to increase their effectiveness in your market, working closely with the Marketing team, graphic designers and copywriters. Your role will be varied and includes, on top of translation work, QA, cultural research, search engine optimization, and project coordination. Located in our European headquarters in Barcelona, you will be part of a multicultural team of localization professionals, contributing to discussions and brainstorming ideas about localization strategies and challenges.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, has outstanding problem-solving skills and is a strong team player who is very adaptable and passionate about impacting business results through localizations.
Your role will involve:
- Localize content for the Dutch and Belgium website as well as online and offline advertising while incorporating SEO best practices and using CAT and proprietary tools
- Use transcreation to adapt marketing copy creatively to the Dutch market
- Support the business with additional localization tasks, such as guidance for video voice over and cultural recommendations
- Be an advocate for localization and a confident representative of Dutch culture, explaining translation choices confidently to internal clients using solid arguments
- Be accountable for the quality, on-time delivery and effectiveness of all Dutch translations
- Coordinate different types of localization projects; negotiate with clients, manage team workload, optimize workflows and ensure on-time delivery
- Support maintenance of the tools the team uses and technical innovation related to localization workflows
- Collaborate with other teams across locations to ensure processes work effectively
In return, you will bring:
- 3+ years relevant work experience within the localization industry
- Must be native Dutch and fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- BA or equivalent degree in Translation / Localization, and a sound understanding of Dutch and American culture is required; basic knowledge and understanding of the online market in the Netherlands
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, experience in working with CAT and other industry tools, and a general technical curiosity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, confident when presenting own translation choices as well as when advocating for localization cross-functionally
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team and at a cross-functional level
- Proactive with a positive “can do” attitude, a sense of ownership and excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with a growth mindset and high adaptability to change
- Well organized and strong time management skills, with the ability to independently handle a variety of projects at the same time
- Experience in project coordination and/or localization technology is a plus, as well as familiarity with Agile methodologies
So, if you are up for this new challenge in a fast-paced, yet friendly and supportive environment, apply now!
We offer a highly competitive package together with benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases we strive to do more than the law requires.