What You Will Do:
This position is responsible for the auditing of customer orders and/or items as well as incoming supplier materials to ensure their conformance to specifications. The schedule for this position is either Thursday-Saturday from 5:00pm to 5:30am with alternating Wednesday's or Sunday -Tuesday from 5:00pm-5:30am.A high level of product and process inspection and documentation from the completion of the quality checks will be required. A high degree of accuracy is required in all aspects of this classification to ensure a conformance measurement KPI for the Reno facility. This position may be responsible for rotating among various locations in the facility to provide an appropriate sampling of products / materials are inspected.
Vistaprint offers small businesses everything they need to market their business. We offer high-quality printed marketing materials, promotional products and marketing services such as copywriting, design, websites and postcard mailing.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Must be able inspect identify and catalog any quality defects or issues using the Quality Database drawn from training, specifications (CTQ’s) or other provided reference material
- Ability to perform visual inspections (to boundary samples, rating scales) and gauge inspections as required.
- Perform all functions related to the processing and shipping of the product. Be able to perform packaging functions (packing items, banding, labelling and bin sorting etc.)
- Knowledgeable of CTQ’s related to all products (upon training)
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work accurately under time constraints
- Contribute improvement ideas to the quality team
- Attend Quality training and meetings periodically scheduled via Outlook to stay up to date
- Ability to effectively work independently and with others
- Demonstrated experience with SAP for passing and failing of incoming products as per specifications/known standard
- Support shift operations by providing standards, guidelines and specific training to team members as required
- Any other tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a world-class manufacturing environment
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques, ergonomics and process flow
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Must have clearly demonstrated root cause problem solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with measurement equipment/tools
- Self starter requiring minimal supervision